Purple pointed cabbagewith red onion, pine nuts, and rice Vegetarian main dish, serves four
1 purple pointed cabbage
1 red onion
30 g pine nuts
2 tbsp raisins
50 ml balsamic vinegar
1 tsp hot curry
1 tsp Cajun spices
300 g brown or white rice
1 knob of butter
2 tbsp sugar
1. Halve the pointed cabbage and remove the hard core. Chop the cabbage into fine strips. Peel the onion, halve it, and cut into rings.
2. Cook the rice according to the instructions on the packet. Drain the rice and leave it to steam in the same pan until use.
3. Heat the butter in a wok on a low heat, add the sugar, and allow to softly caramelize. Add the chopped red onion and purple pointed cabbage and stir-fry on a high heat until translucent.
4. In the meantime, toast the pine nuts on a low heat in a separate frying pan.
5. Add the raisins, vinegar, spices, and salt to the vegetable mixture and continue stirring on the heat for another three minutes.
6. Divide the rice between the plates and spoon the stir-fried pointed cabbage on top. Scatter with the pine nuts.