Purple pointed cabbage steakwith cheese sauce and walnuts Side dish, serves four
1 purple pointed cabbage
4 tbsp honey
50 g walnuts
100 g blue cheese (or other soft cheese)
4 tbsp truffle mayonnaise
2 tbsp balsamic syrup
Equipment needed: baking paper and hand-held mixer
1. Pre-heat the oven to 180 °C.
2. Cut the pointed cabbage into slices approx. 1 cm thick.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemon into a bowl. Add the honey and olive oil and mix until you have a dressing.
4. Place the slices of pointed cabbage on an oven tray lined with baking paper. Drizzle the slices with the dressing and place the tray in the oven. Leave to cook for 30 minutes.
5. Finely chop the walnuts and briefly toast in a pan.
6. Crumble the cheese and add to it the truffle mayonnaise and two tablespoons of water. Briefly mix in a high container using a hand-held blender.
7. Remove the cabbage steaks from the oven, leave to cool for five minutes, and then drizzle with the cheese dressing and balsamic syrup. Sprinkle the walnuts on top and serve immediately.
Tip: delicious with a fresh salad and a chunk of bread or a naan.