Purple pointed cabbage oven dishwith mince and mashed potatoes main dish
1 purple pointed cabbage
400 g beef mince
2 tbsp raisins
50 ml balsamic vinegar
1 tsp sambal or hot curry
1 tsp Cajun spices
2 tbsp olive oil
2 tbsp sugar
For the mashed potatoes:
1 kg floury potatoes
75 ml full-fat or semi-skimmed milk
2 egg yolks (for the colour)
50 g butter
Salt and pepper
1. Peel the potatoes and slice into pieces of equal size. Then boil in salted water for 20 minutes until cooked and then drain.
2. Heat the milk in a saucepan on a low heat. Do not let it boil. Cut the butter into cubes. Finely mash the potatoes and stir in the egg yolks, warm milk, and butter.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 200 °C.
4. Halve the pointed cabbage and remove the hard core. Chop the cabbage into fine strips. Then peel the onion, halve it, and cut into rings.
5. In the meantime, fry the mince.
6. Heat butter in a wok on a low heat, add the sugar, and allow to softly caramelize. Add the chopped red onion and purple pointed cabbage and stir-fry on a high heat until translucent.
7. Add the raisins, vinegar, and herbs to the vegetable mixture and season to taste with salt. Scoop the mixture into an oven dish and cover with a layer of mince and then top with a layer of mashed potatoes.
8. Bake the oven dish in the middle of the oven in approx. 25 minutes until golden brown.
Tip: If you want to create a different variation, you could replace the mince with chicken shawarma.