Grilled purple pointed cabbagewith blueberry sauce and rocket Vegetarian dish, serves four
2 purple pointed cabbages
30 g rocket
300 g blueberries (fresh or frozen)
100 g sugar
100 ml red wine
100 ml yoghurt
4 teaspoons of pine nuts (toasted)
1 teaspoon of ginger (chopped)
Salt and pepper
1. Halve the pointed cabbages and remove the hard core. Steam the cabbage halves in a steamer for six minutes.
2. Bring the red wine, sugar, and ginger to the boil. Add the blueberries and boil until a sauce starts to form but the berries are still whole. Add the olive oil while stirring.
3. Remove the cabbages from the steamer and season with salt and pepper.
4. Heat a grill pan and briefly grill the cabbage halves until they display neat grill marks.
5. Pour the blueberry sauce over the grilled pointed cabbage and scatter the rocket on top.
6. Finish off the dish with a spoonful of yoghurt and a teaspoon of toasted pine nuts.
- You could use mascarpone instead of yoghurt.
- The blueberries can be replaced with blackcurrants, raspberries, or other red fruits.